Charlene lives to blow stuff up; an experienced Audit Director, qualified accountant and AML specialist, Charlene has worked across multiple large multinational financial institutions. She is specializes in audit, AML/Financial Crime, risk and regulatory for the financial services industry of this region. She is passionate about learning new things and she’s obsessed with the latest innovation and digital enhancements in financial services and audit industry.
Experienced Audit and Assurance Leader with a decade of experience across Singapore and Australia. Having worked both in the second (Compliance) and third (Internal Audit) lines of defence I bring a wholistic view of risk management to the table. Key strengths include complex audit delivery, superior stakeholder management, and developing teams. Recognised Industry speaker in Regional Corporate Governance Conferences. Proficient in effectively managing relationships with local and international regulators, board reporting, and regulatory risk remediation.
A passionate technologist with 17 years of experience in delivering bespoke technology products and solutions for clients and demonstrated experience in leading multiple cross functional teams of engineers across geographies.
• Outstanding track record in automation, artificial intelligence, data analytics, business intelligence, Innovation, business transformation, governance, migration and architecture. Proven abilities in leading high-performing, multicultural and cross-functional teams in the delivery of multiple concurrent projects and operations of technology solutions.
• Established a global center of excellence for data analytics and business intelligence to deliver compliance risk reporting platforms for the bank.
• Data and analytics leader.
• Leading global programs and initiatives in financial crime & anti money laundering.
• Delivering products and software solutions using agile and waterfall methodology.
• Proactive outlook and proven ability to build robust relationships quickly, cross-cultural understanding and ability to work with people at all levels.